Installing sound system into 2009 Cobalt

K.I.M Keep it Movin

Reaction score
I have a factory 2009 2 dr Cobalt and I am about to install a 500 watt amp and speaker box with 2 10's in it. My last car was wired into the rear speakers and fuze box. I'd like to be safer then this this time around :hahano:
Anyone have any suggestions on how to go about this. I have always had help and will be taking it on alone this time. I'm not even sure how to remove the radio right now but am working on researching it. Any help is greatly appreciated!

-Soon to be booming down the street :rofl:
Kim

Zdeuce4

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if u dont have an aftermarket hu, u need a line out converter. i have one for sale if u need it.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i would help i dont got a clue on how to do it without a aftermarket head unit. im actually interested in this cause i plan on doin this later

newfiedan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
use a line ouput converter as zdeuce said to give you the rca outputs for the amp, if you are wiring in a new headunit then thats different but either way make sure its done right. Use a bussmann bp/hhh for the switched key power from the fuse panel then run that to the rear of the vehcile for the remote wire if using the factory deck, if you are using an aftermarket then just use the remote wire from the headunits wiring harness. Also please take the time to learn how to solder and shrink tube your wiring to make it match the factory stuff for safety and proper install technique. If you have any questions feel free to pm me or email me direct.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais