Anyone had this problem?

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
Hey guys, i just got back from les schwab, and they say that my Lower ball joints on the front are shot, anyone know a place to get some new ones that are heavy duty? i have looked around at autozone but i keep getting quite a range of prices from 20 bucks up to 90. any help would be awesome

Matt

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, i just got back from les schwab, and they say that my Lower ball joints on the front are shot, anyone know a place to get some new ones that are heavy duty? i have looked around at autozone but i keep getting quite a range of prices from 20 bucks up to 90. any help would be awesome

Matt

they could be bs'ing you.. did u check urself ? jack the car up and wiggle the wheel from top to bottom.. if there is play then its ur ball joints... and there is no such thing as heavy duty i would just get oem ones

Mrslice2004

Reaction score
Thanks for the help! :) i will go check out the problem and see whats up, hope they aren't jackin with me tho, i would like to be able to trust my tire peepz lol.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the help! :) i will go check out the problem and see whats up, hope they aren't jackin with me tho, i would like to be able to trust my tire peepz lol.
yea no problem its a pretty simple test but if it is messed up u would def wannA get it fixed... its a pain in the ass

lovely09

Reaction score
You need to visually see the balljoint moving to know if it is the problem.
As far as testing for the bottom balljoints,jack up the vehicle but place a lever under the wheel and do little lifting movements while looking at the joints.Even side to side movements are a good method.Any play will often show up immediately but also lever the joints down from the wheel to see if they will separate even slightly.(This more on vehicles where there is no natural downward pressure from suspension components).
Any movement other than just rotational is a problem and they will need to be replaced.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You need to visually see the balljoint moving to know if it is the problem.
As far as testing for the bottom balljoints,jack up the vehicle but place a lever under the wheel and do little lifting movements while looking at the joints.Even side to side movements are a good method.Any play will often show up immediately but also lever the joints down from the wheel to see if they will separate even slightly.(This more on vehicles where there is no natural downward pressure from suspension components).
Any movement other than just rotational is a problem and they will need to be replaced.

well put :rofl:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais