ced problem

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
got a ? ive runnning catless for awhile and i have a ced for the cat.. ive been told recently that the ced will reduce the power of the motor ? any truth in this ?

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first are you talking about the CEL (check engine light). and yes a catless downpipe will cause an catalyst efficiency code. but no it shouldn't reduce any performance of your car. it will only show the annoying code all the time without either getting it tuned out or putting in an O2 spacer to fool the sensor's reading.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
first are you talking about the CEL (check engine light). and yes a catless downpipe will cause an catalyst efficiency code. but no it shouldn't reduce any performance of your car. it will only show the annoying code all the time without either getting it tuned out or putting in an O2 spacer to fool the sensor's reading.

yea cel lol my b.. thnx for the help bro :waytogo:

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but get the code scanned to make sure it is the catalyst efficiency code. if its something else then look into what that is but from what you describe its the efficiency code.

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
but get the code scanned to make sure it is the catalyst efficiency code. if its something else then look into what that is but from what you describe its the efficiency code.

yea used the tech 2 and its the code for the cat

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i heard that you had to have the thing tuned out so the code doesnt show up everytime you start the car

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yes that is the forsure thing to do. there is a O2 spacer that some have used with success to fool the O2 into reading correctly when in fact its not

siccracingturtle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yup it need a tune to disappear unless u wanna reset ur pcm everytime. as long as the it doesnt reduce engine power the cel doesnt bother me

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson