Cobalt cruise control

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
When I bought my cobalt I didnt think i would care if it had cruise control. Now after a few years later it drives me crazy. It cant be that hard to put cruise on one its not like chevy would have changed the whole harness for the cars with cc. would it be as simple as changing the steering wheel and plugging in a few connections? Any help would be appreciated.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
im not an electronics guy but the CC is attacked to a either the bcm or pcm you might need the whole harness, steering wheel/column as you need the buttons, the computer module to tell the car what to do...

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
I seen one at a local salvage yard today that sells stuff for really cheap so kinda got me thinking about trying to do the swap

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
maven has done this, unfort he doesnt freq this site...but it cost him quite a bit and he is a tech and has access to tools you have to have to do the job

that being said there are after market systems you can use

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
What kind of aftermarket kits? I am a lil about the computers on late model Ls engine hense the screen name and a lot of guys were adding cc on the drive by wire throttle body cars without a whole lot of work. The cobalts are dbw so i didnt think it would be that much to it

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
im not sure of what is avail, i just have seen some with aftermarket setups on there

726.0chevelle

Reaction score
i have a plan im getting a cruise control panel out of another cobalt and the short wiring harness then plug that into my cobalt and bring it to a local mechanics shop to have them activate the cc in the bcm. The shop told me they would program it from 50 to 75 and I can get the panel that goes on the steering wheel for 10 to 15 bucks. I also heard we can get the panel off the right side of the steering wheel to control the radio and that just has to be plugged in and it should work instantly. Now I do not know if this will work but from what i have read its the right way to go about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson