Code Error

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I was drivin around yesterday and my CEL came on so i took it to AutoZone an used their code reader to see what it was. Well, I came up with this code..P0128, which is the coolant temperature is below thermostat regulating temp. Does it have something to do with my thermostat being off or just need to flush out the coolant and put new in?

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea im just gunna replace the thermostat..my coolant temp has been runnin high(201 degrees) since ive bought it..and that is at all times..doesn't go down, even when its 30 degrees outside.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Yea im just gunna replace the thermostat..my coolant temp has been runnin high(201 degrees) since ive bought it..and that is at all times..doesn't go down, even when its 30 degrees outside.

201 is normal, radiator fan doesn't turn on until 210 I believe might even be 216. The thermostat needs replaced so the engine can warm up faster. This is why they put temp needle gauges in most cars, cause people freak out when they see large numbers.

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Mine threw this code.Took it in under warranty and they replaced the coolant sensor and thermostat.My temp reading was ---*F and the thermostat was stuck open.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea thats what im thinkin is wrong with mine..im just gunna get it replaced

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup