front sway

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
the problem is alot of aftermarket companies use poly bushings or rubber bushings but at least the stock links are partially covered to keep shit out of the joint.. aftermarket ones usually aren't so it causes them to need to be greased and they brake down more often

i'd think the fe5's are good upgrades.. hell going from my fe2 shocks/struts the ss/tc setup was a huge difference so for 58 it's worth a shot hell aftermarket ones usually only last for like 1 or 2 years before getting clunky.. my stock fe2 links have lasted for just over 3 years lol .. so if the ss/tc ones last that long i'll be happy lol

This is true.

I would think the FE5s would last quite a while.

FE2??? Guessing you're driving a pre 2005 ion?

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is true.

I would think the FE5s would last quite a while.

FE2??? Guessing you're driving a pre 2005 ion?

nope fe2 came on the sport appearance package 2.4 ions so they're 06+ redline suspension is fe3

where as cobalt is fe1 for base.. fe3 for ss/na (maybe) and fe5 for ss/sc and ss/tc

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ss/tc endlinks and ss.tc sway bar are different designs on the end from the stockers of other models and would not work well unless together i would think

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ss/tc endlinks and ss.tc sway bar are different designs on the end from the stockers of other models and would not work well unless together i would think

damn there would be no way to make them work with the stock bar?

booerns that really fucks things up ... maybe i'll buy a set of adjsutable links then instead

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i posted pics of the 2.2 stockers endlinks and bars...totally diff end shape to the bar and shorter links, i fyou put the links on the stock bar it would pull it to places that may damage other things...

elecblue06

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i posted pics of the 2.2 stockers endlinks and bars...totally diff end shape to the bar and shorter links, i fyou put the links on the stock bar it would pull it to places that may damage other things...

damn .. that would've been nice to have sealed endlinks that would actually last worth a damn

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

So wait....you used FE1 links with your FE5 bar?

Host pix here! lol

Oh and w00t 300 posts :D :party33:

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
So wait....you used FE1 links with your FE5 bar?

Host pix here! lol

Oh and w00t 300 posts :D :party33:
no, i used ss/tc struts and shocks for the whole thing

---------- Post added at 03:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

here steve

whole thing from the front. new in back old in front, long endlinks old, short new
picture.php

endlinks
picture.php

comparison of the two sway bars ends. i think you can tell which is which by the size :lol:
picture.php

another angle of the whole setup
picture.php

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais