Installing AEM Cold Air Intake

vorcatec

Reaction score
Hi guys, just joined the forum today. My brother is in the military overseas and has a 2006 Cobalt SS 2.4 Liter here at the house. He ordered an AEM cold air intake from slickcars.com and it got here to the house, but doesn't look like it will fit. Are there any how-tos on installing the AEM cold air intake in this car?

I am trying to help him with this so we can see if its the right fit or not. On their site, they only list this intake for a 2.2L engine, but the booklet in the box says for 2.4L so I'm not sure.

Any help is appreciated, thanks!

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
hmmmm not sure myself, welcome to the forum tho, you will have an answer within 24 hours or less, probably within the next 5 hours you'll have the answer posted by someone.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
2.2 and 2.4 intakes are all the same pretty much.

i just tried looking for a how-to install intake... we dont have one.. we fail :rofl:

but what oyu gotta do is take out the headlight and headlight bracket ( 5 10MM bolts). then remove the silencer. then undo the nuts on top of the airbox that is connected to passenger side strut tower. then their is a screw on the stock intake its self runing parallel with the fuel rail, undo that and the whole intake should come off.

then just follow the instruction that came with the AEM

Last edited:

vorcatec

Reaction score
OK guys thanks for the quick responses. I'll see what I can do. Appreciate it.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
oh and there is a hose coming off the engine connecting to the stock intake, just undo the clamp and it should slide off

where you from jeff? if your in east texas i would come help you with it

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one other suggestion. the blacket metal lift bracket on the engine should be removed, it adds extra clearance for the intake as it sits really close to the bracket and will rattle to all hell and will eventually rub through the intake.

vorcatec

Reaction score
I wish I was from Texas haha, I could use a hand. I'm actually in Maryland. Sounds like more work than I thought, just don't want to mess his car up.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson