How To Oil Change

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I cant take credit for the how-to, if its yours pm me will discuss it there.

Well, if your like me, one dealership oil change at around $80 is enough once, and after that you want to do your own. Well, heres how to do it. First things first, is what you'll need. I'm not completely sure of the prices, since I lost the receit, but I think I remember for the most part.

1 1/4 socket ~$3.99
10 inch extention ~$2.99
1/2" drive ratchet ~$5.99
10 Quart oil pan ~$9.99
Oil Filter about ~$8.79
7 qts Mobil 1 Oil ~$40.00
oil16.jpg

oil10.jpg

All together everything cost me around $75, but remember, most of that are tools and equipment that will be reusable/might be things you already have.
Oh yea, and if you don't have one already, pick up a Jack and jack stands if you want. I purchased some for around $50 with some other things a couple months ago, and I've used them about 3 or 4 times already.

1. Jack the car up and insert the Jack Stands

2. Head under the car and find this bolt.

oil2.jpg

3. Get the oil pan ready, and remove the bolt.

oil1.jpg

4. Take your 1 1/4 socket, and move it under the supercharger like so and place it on the oil filter cap

oil3.jpg

oil4.jpg

5. Now hook in your 10" extension and loosen up the oil filter.

oil6.jpg

6. Now reach under and remove the cap. The filter will be attached to it.

oil7.jpg

7. Heres the new and old filter with cap
oil11.jpg

8. Remove the cap from the old filter, and place it on the new filter

oil12.jpg

oil13.jpg

9. Oil the rubber ring on the filter, and move it under the supercharger and into place

oil9.jpg

oil8.jpg

10. Now with the filter back in place, place the 1 1/4 socket on the filter cap, insert the 10" extension and tighten it back in place. Be careful not to tighten it up too much, as you'll have one hell of a time removing it next time.
oil5.jpg

11. By now hopefully all the oil has been drained. Head back under and replace the bolt you removed. Make sure to do this before adding any oil!

oil15.jpg

12. Back on top of the engine, remove the oil cap and add in your 6.5 quarts of oil

oil14.jpg

13. Check your dipstick to make sure there is enough oil in your engine.

oil17.jpg

14. Now everything should be back on, and ready to go. Remove the jack stands and jack.

15. Head into your car, and turn it on. Go to your oil life on the DIC, and reset it. Hold down the right button when you get to oil life and it should reset to 100%. Make sure you don't set the car to metric while your doing it like I did :( , Unless you are using the metric system, in which case don't set it to English units.

16. Head on out to the bank, and send me some money.

Thats all. Congrates on your oil change. Check later on to make sure your not leaking.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais