Tint your tail lights (non-vht)

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
how to tint your tail lights using tint film like whats on your windows

Remove the tail lights from your car with a screw driver to socket and ratchet set. Use a flat screwdriver to remove the electrical plug behind the light.

Step 2Lay the tint down over the tail light (without removing the backing yet) so that you can cut it close to the size of the tail light, making it easier to work with the tint.

Step 3Spray the tail light with the soapy water mixture, soaking the entire lens. Peel the backing from the tint and lay it down on the lens.

Step 4Use the squeegee to smooth the tint over the lens. The tint can be moved slightly if enough soapy water was used underneath.

Step 5Cut slits into the tint where there are big curves in the lights and the tint is extremely wrinkled. You won't be able to see them later. Smooth the tint as much as possible.

Step 6Blow hot air on the tint with the blow dryer to heat the tint. Now you can smooth any other wrinkles. Also, pull the excess tint towards the edges of the light. Leave a small overhand of tint and use the knife to trim off the excess.

Step 7Stick black electrical tape around the edges of the lens and tint. This will help hold the tint in place even in wet weather.

MaChiBLue

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you done this? If so pictars are requested.

Last edited:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
nope i went with VHT and clear coat but, i saw this as another option so i posted it

Robinson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to a guy that does windows daily the tint will not bond with the plastic on a taillight so it wont work the same.

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i dont think this would work seing how are tail lights arent flat like most cars....i could see it working on the sedans tho

Hailcesar75

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've done this twice to my tails and to my headlights. Y'all know what my headlights looked. Lol

but it sticks well and IRS easier when you buy an uncut roll. Never buy the precut tints

---------- Post added at 06:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:31 AM ----------

Oh and btw step 7 isn't needed

one other thing that wasn't mentioned in this how to is if there any little air bubbles left( which there will be) just give it a couple days and some will disappear while it dres.

If any aren't after ut dries than just pop em with a pin and squeeze out the air.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais