how to change in cabin air filter

ionit3

Platinum Member
Reaction score
originally wrote by linksep

This info is in the owners manual, but for those of you that are too lazy to look, or have lost your manuals check it out.

Step 1) Go to NAPA and spend $33.75 on Engine & Cabin Air Filters, or if you're patient (or have lots of other stuff to get) check out Rock Auto online and save some cash. Even after shipping Rock Auto is a couple dollars cheaper than NAPA on WIX (same as NAPA Gold) filters.

Step 2) Open Glove Box and remove all the garbage!

05-26-08_1335.jpg

Step 3) Remove foamy things from both sides of glove box and set them aside. Then pinch glove box so legs can come out of slots. (Mine was really hard, you might have to muscle it but it's pretty flexible so I wouldn't worry too much about breaking it.) Then lower glove box so it just hangs by the bottom hinge.

05-26-08_1327.jpg

Step 4) Pull tab towards you to unlock filter door. Then open door (opens down from top) and remove nasty filter. Compare 53,000 mile old OEM Delphi filter to new NAPA Gold (WIX) filter. Notice that WIX filter has 12 more pleats than OEM filter and nice hard plastic sides compared to OEM felt sides. Also notice that WIX filter appears to have thicker synthetic filter media than OEM paper-looking media.

05-26-08_1324.jpg

05-26-08_1320.jpg

Step 5) Insert pretty new filter while cursing hard plastic sides of it and holding door locking tab up because it gets caught in the pleats.

05-26-08_1322.jpg

Step 6) Close filter door, press locking tab down, close glove box (no need to pinch it, the legs are angled so simply closing it will make them go back in the slots), reinstall foamy things.

05-26-08_1326-1.jpg

Step 7) Sort through trash that was in glove box. Only replace owners manual, insurance card, heart pills, tire pressure gauge, few emergency napkins, spare light bulb, and spare fuses in case you decide to cook meatballs in your car again... Cig lighter + 110v power inverter + crock-pot full of 1/2 done meatballs + late for a party... sounded like a good idea to me. :idea: Admire your clean glove box.

05-26-08_1337.jpg

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais