How to: cat delete w/out p0420 code

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This mod will clear some or all of the No Cat Codes that the engine throws for not having a Cat.

-P0420: catalytic efficiency

-I am not responsible for any mishaps due to you doing this mod...If you are not mechanicly inclined. Please have someone else do it for you
-Please check with your local, state, and federal laws before attempting to do this mod.
-For off-road use only

Parts Needed:

-18mm Spark Plug Non-Fouler (come in 2 per pack) and are available at any autozone...be sure its the same part # as pictured
PA310164.jpg

-7/16th drill bit ($5)
-7/8th Wrench
-Power drill

How To:

-Disconnect Negative Battery Terminal
-Find 2nd o2 Sensor Harness and disconnect it.
-Take 7/8th wrench and remove sensor (lefty loosy, righty tighty)
-Take non fouler out of package and secure with a vice grip (Preferably a big vice grip)
PA310153.jpg

-Insert Drill Bit in Drill (DO NOT HAVE THE DRILL PLUGED IN WHEN DOING THIS)
PA310155.jpg

-Support the Vice Grip with your feet or any other heavy object, soo when the drill is going, it doesnt shoot out flying.
PA310154.jpg

-Do not penetrate the tip of the Fouler...you will just be drilling to open up the inside of it.
-After you have drilled some of the inside off...Clean the metal shavings off with the bottle or throttle cleaner, or brake cleaner...try to insert the O2 Sensor in and tighten. (Try drilling little by little until the O2 Sensor screws in) I left the vice grip on the Fouler and just tightened the O2 Sensor with the 7/8s Wrench...much easier and faster.
PA310156.jpg

-Fouler and O2 Sensor should look like this...(If it doesnt, please stop and get someone with more "mechanical skills")
PA310157.jpg

-Insert Fouler into Downpipe
PA310159.jpg

-Tighten up the Fouler (not the O2) into the Downpipe
PA310160.jpg

-Plug in O2 Sensor harness back (Make sure you hear a "clicking" sound)

And you done...
PA310161.jpg

****DO THIS MOD AT YOUR OWN RISK****

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FUCKING SWEET!

This seems easy as pie. Too bad I don't have a hydraulic floor lift :( Oh well, jack stands and gravel driveway, here I come. LoL

Thanks, fav member ;)

NP, yeah its pretty easy...if there is a interest in it, i could swing by vatozone ad pick a few up and mod them to work, and sell them on here...shoudlnt take more than 20mins to do one...i remember doing it at one point, drilling takes forever lol...

XxChristalSSxX

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Eh... I get Terry to do crap that deals with electrical drilling devices. I've been known to um, screw up things due to improper handling of said drill, lol.

But I think it'd help out some people if you did sell those pre-drilled.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice...although my code is turned off so i dont worry about it....lol

me and you both...but not everyone is tuned :p some like to get bolts ons than tune further downt he road, this will help them if they happend to get annoyed of the CEL

Fluffy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn who came up with that idea?? thats pretty freakin awesome, thanks

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
damn who came up with that idea?? thats pretty freakin awesome, thanks

been a mod that i dont think can be tracked down to its roots...been around for a while, just not everyone knew about it

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais