P0300 code! Help

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edited^^^

---------- Post added at 05:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 PM ----------

btw, just change the plugs. those 60's pump a lot of fuel man. i went through plugs every 10k or so with the 60's.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok you didn't mention that. hows your air filter look? catted or catless? use any injector cleaners recently? i think p0420 would go off if it were o2 sensor issues. could be so many things. i'm assuming you don't have access to fuel pressure/vac testers or anything like that?

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry about not saying that. Air filter was cleaned when i put everything back together. Catted, No the injectors are brand new as well(sorry for not saying that again). I could get one from friend if possible.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just a p0300 code nothing else?
i'm reading that it's often an ICM
that sounds about right to me considering your plugs are shot.
my personal guess is that the tune, after your pcm re-learned, is not working very well for the car. this is assuming you just bought this ottp kit 100 miles ago.

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah just a p0300.
So could it be the tune?
So, when OTT sent me the performance upgrades they sent me back plugs? That doesnt seem right to me tho. So, basically what i am getting at is that i need to buy new plugs just after having 100 miles on them?

---------- Post added at 05:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:23 PM ----------

OTTP says its not the tune you either have bad plugs or bad injectors, I personally dont like to deal with them and they keep telling me to check the plugs and the injectors again. So i dont know what to do with them.

---------- Post added at 05:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

And yeah i just finally finished it up and took it for a drive this weekend.

ff_drift_lol

Full Access Member
Reaction score
this is a tricky subject. ive never gotten bad plugs that are new before ever. if the injectors are clogging then howd the plugs get all black from fuel? if theyre clogged wouldn't the plugs turn white like a lean mixture? wish maven was here lol

07cobaltsssc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah i have no clue on this either...UGH this really sucks!

---------- Post added at 11:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 AM ----------

But i called ott just a couple mins ago and he was like lets do this, send your pcm out to us and we will tweak it for you and get it back to you as soon as possible. At least they are doing that and hopefully this will take care of the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais