2007 cobalt recall

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
2007 Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac G5 and Saturn ION Registered

in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas

To: Chevrolet and Pontiac Dealers and Saturn Retailers

Based on information from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) website, the media may report that General Motors will be announcing a safety recall involving certain 2006 model year Chevrolet Cobalt and Saturn ION vehicles registered in Arizona and Nevada; and 2007 model year Chevrolet Cobalt, Pontiac G5 and Saturn ION vehicles registered in Arizona, California, Florida, Nevada and Texas.

Some of these vehicles have a condition in which the plastic supply or return port on the modular reservoir assembly (MRA) may crack. If either of these ports develops a crack, fuel will leak from the area. The customer may notice a fuel odor while the vehicle is being driven or after it is parked. If the crack becomes large enough, fuel may be observed dripping onto the ground and vehicle performance may be affected.

To correct this condition, dealers/retailers are to replace the fuel pump module.

The total number of vehicles involved is 52,937. Due to parts availability, we anticipate that customer notification will not begin until the first quarter of 2010.

GMVIS information for this recall will not be available until the dealer bulletin is released.

Note that a Special Coverage Adjustment will be implemented in the same time frame for 2006 model year vehicles registered in Alabama, Arkansas, California, Florida, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina, Tennessee and Texas; and 2007 model year vehicles registered in Alabama, Arkansas, Georgia, Hawaii, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, New Mexico, Oklahoma, South Carolina and Tennessee.

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
hmmm

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

btw i did get a letter from GM on the fuel pump crack issue

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
they said that only if i smell fuel, i dont smell fuel at the moment so no cracks...yet...

FASTL61

Platinum Member
Reaction score
I did this months ago.Mine wasnt cracked either but they replaced it anyway,free parts are awesome especially when its a 300 dollar fuel pump

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson