P0300 Code (Help) Whats going on?

mattgarciachi

Reaction score
The other day my wife went to start our 4 door LS 2.2 cobalt and it hesitating and coughing and the motor was wobbling back and forth....

Borrowed my freinds code reader and i got ONLY a p0300 actually 2 of them but it didnt tell me which cylinder.......

So the vehicle is misfiring.....

I never changed the plugs on that car so i went and bought some for the first thing.....

changed the plugs and its the same thing.......

Whats next on my list what should i do to continue down the line troubleshooting...........

Thanks

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The other day my wife went to start our 4 door LS 2.2 cobalt and it hesitating and coughing and the motor was wobbling back and forth....

Borrowed my freinds code reader and i got ONLY a p0300 actually 2 of them but it didnt tell me which cylinder.......

So the vehicle is misfiring.....

I never changed the plugs on that car so i went and bought some for the first thing.....

changed the plugs and its the same thing.......

Whats next on my list what should i do to continue down the line troubleshooting...........

Thanks

change your coil pack
caminstallation001.jpg

which year ?
maybe a tune can solve it.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Do the basics first man, check for the 3 things your motors gotta have, fuel, spark, and air. Pull the coil pack and plugs and insure you have spark on all 4 cylinders. Try resetting the ECU by pulling the negative cable off the battery for ~30mins.

Also welcome to the forum.

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 PM ----------

What year? How many miles? Last fuel filter change? Does it smell like its running rich? lean?

1slobalt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im having this same problem, its just started today... mine smells like its running rich

my car has 61xxxk , ive never changed the fuel filter (bought the car with 33xxx) 2006

1slobalt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no im tuned by trifecta, i got the tune around 8 months ago and never had a problem with it

Last edited:

huckernage

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you have now a p0300. ask your tuner to reflash it with p300 deleted.

you will still missfiring but W/O CEL on

1slobalt12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yea but that wont solve the whole car running very rough and power lose im getting will it?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson