Keyless Entry

CongdonJL

Reaction score
I have a 2009 Chevy Cobalt and I have manual locks. When I lock my keys in my car (which I do) I can call OnStar and they will unlock my car for me. This tells me that the mechanism is there for the door to be unlocked remotely is there any way anyone has done before buying an aftermarket key less entry remote and hooking it up to that mechanism and having it work? I realize it will only unlock the Driver's Side door but this is better than nothing and I was just wondering how this worked.

Thanks in Advance

bryson87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
humm you can put aftermarket in the other doors and do it that way. gets costly but u can do it. but as far as the driver door. I dont think so and im a GM tech ive seen alot of stuff and never seen someone be able to get a key fob just cause of that. not saying it cant be done but ask a local dealership. also seen a used vehical if u pressed unlock once and held it down the 2nd time it cranked the vehical untill u pressed the brake

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:04 PM ----------

o and welcome to the site your free to stay and ask anything u want to know were all willing to help and enjoy new people to our community thats still growing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson