06 cobalt ss sc

scootin127

Reaction score
a few months ago my alternator went out. after having it replaced i have an intermitent battery light, i've also had a check engine light ( bank 1 too rich) can they be related? the mechanic kept the car and drove it short distances and was never able to recreate the condition of the battery light. i love the car but don't feel comfortable driving it as is. any guidence would be aprieciated

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's possible those issues are related. Bank 1 too rich points to either a stuck injector or not enough air. Changed the air filter recently?

scootin127

Reaction score
yes,cleaned the filter k&n about 3 weeks ago. cleaned the maf at the same time.
the rich condition pre dates the battery light but has also been intermitent. i was able to ersae the code and it took over a month to reappear. usually after very high speeds

---------- Post added at 09:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

other known mod is an overdrive sc pulley from zzp

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
So you have a smaller than stock pulley on the supercharger? But are getting a too rich code?

What color are your fuel injectors?

scootin127

Reaction score
the injectors and rail apear o be original equipment. the injectrs are black or dark grey. i don't know about programing,i bought the car second hand.it came with a cold air and catless down pipe but were in the trunk not installed on the car. it appears that they were on the car at some point,but removed for some reason.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sounds like you have stage 2 injectors, stock ones should be green IIRC. What's your SC pulley look like? Stock is a press fit like so:
16515921189_75d3ec97ca.jpg

Wesley

Reaction score
Can anybody tell me the pros and cons of a supercharged cobalt ss??

Aaron

Reaction score
What do you exactly need to know. I have a built supercharged cobalt, definitely can help you out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson