2.4l Ecotec LE5 stock to boss

Brimstone

Reaction score
Right then, this is my first post. I have a 2007 Chevy Cobalt LS 2.4l LE5 naturally aspirated. This car is as stock as the day is long. It's my daily driver and I'm looking to get a little more fun out of it. Looking around (or trying to, at least) I found a lot of parts for 2.2s and 2.0s, not much for 2.4s. Maybe I'm not looking in the right places (I've been to andysautosport and lurked just about every cobalt forum). I don't know a great deal about cars and their mystical inner workings, but from what I have surmised, a new intake and a catback exhaust (I was looking at a Pace Setter system) should give me a nice little boost. Will a CIA and a catback give me noticeable gains, considering I don't have a turbo or super? Are there higher-than-stock-flow exhaust systems that aren't flashy and loud? I want to keep my car low-key so the local police pay me no attention, while at the same time making my daily drive more fun and sporty. Also, I would like to super-/turbocharge it at some point (just not now, I don't have $3k to kick around). If anyone has any input or suggestions, I would be very appreciative. Also, reading material would be nice (I'm always willing to learn new things). Thank you for your time.

Tevor

Reaction score
If your looking for better performance you will benefit from an AIC, some fuel injector cleaner , oil change , and suspension . I feel every bump in my LE5 so it would be pointless to go faster until the car drives smoother.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais