2007 colbalt dirt track need help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lmzflame

Reaction score
2007 cobalt
64k miles
automatic
fully gutted. Rollcage
problem = Eng Power Reduced / Engine Disabled

After some laps it shuts down to a idle so i start to unplugin everything mapflow down to wheel sensors . so far i can get 5-8 hard laps in till it shuts down. i run a mini stock class in delaware . 5 dnfs in a row sucks .so please help me if any1 got a idea let it be known . this link will show you the car and give you idea whats going on #3 on pole ignore my brother in the back ground
and for you cobalt fans nothing on this track can catch my chevy! Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

Last edited:

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
last time when my cobalt did that it was because it was overheating. couple solutions is if this is the issues is that the fan doesnt kick in until the engine temps are over 223 degrees or so. i would either.

1. rewire the fan to another power source that provides constant current
2. trifecta tune that will allow the fan to stay on.

lmzflame

Reaction score
my fans are wire direct to a tago switch i turn them on befor the race.....

lmzflame

Reaction score
i found 2 bad fuses so i replace them . started last in the 6 lap heat finish 3. feature came out i pulled 6 car lenghts away from the pack... around lap 15 outa 20 my right axle broke, car never went into limp mode . also change to a cold air intake cus i found out the stock air setup was junk and leaking dust/air down the intake...

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
i found 2 bad fuses so i replace them . started last in the 6 lap heat finish 3. feature came out i pulled 6 car lenghts away from the pack... around lap 15 outa 20 my right axle broke, car never went into limp mode . also change to a cold air intake cus i found out the stock air setup was junk and leaking dust/air down the intake...

unfortunately this is the case on most cars

lmzflame

Reaction score
Well i change the throttle body sensor, and few more fuses. now im having a spindle prob, these aluminum spindle keeps breaking .in two weeks i broke 2 spindles and 2 axles, Do they make steel spindle ? also i have a stock motor but i wanna little more cuz i race against trucks ..... they seem to be bit more faster then me. I dont wanna use a turbo yet. so any ideas would help me alot . i just wanna finish one race befor the season ends.

---------- Post added at 06:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

another video last week race. once again ignore my brotherMini stock 2011 - YouTube

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie