2009 Cobalt LT Brake Lights staying on in gear.

Cobaltfan9689

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, now I am dealing with this problem. I have an 09 LT with 104,500 miles. I have replaced the brake light switch, and it fixed the problem for 2 days. I did notice a couple days ago, that while I was sitting still with the car in Park and my feet back by the seat, out of nowhere my shifter lock clicked and I could shift the car out of park without depressing the brake pedal. When I shift out of park my brake lights illuminate and stay on while driving, when I shift into park the go out and won't illuminate at all. My turn signals still work, and the lights flash as they should with it. Any ideas? I'm leaning towards either the neutral safety switch in the center, or something in the column.

Cobaltfan9689

Reaction score
Hey guys. So, now I am dealing with this problem. I have an 09 LT with 104,500 miles. I have replaced the brake light switch, and it fixed the problem for 2 days. I did notice a couple days ago, that while I was sitting still with the car in Park and my feet back by the seat, out of nowhere my shifter lock clicked and I could shift the car out of park without depressing the brake pedal. When I shift out of park my brake lights illuminate and stay on while driving, when I shift into park the go out and won't illuminate at all. My turn signals still work, and the lights flash as they should with it. Any ideas? I'm leaning towards either the neutral safety switch in the center, or something in the column.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais