2010 cobalt radio replacement

DanielEll

Reaction score
Hey guys. My mom has a 2010 cobalt and I bought her a new radio for Christmas. Before installing want to see if anyone has a guide for the 2010 or any tips before digging in. Is the driver alert system wired into radio? Will it be disabled with new radio?

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

mjb

Reaction score
Be aware (on the 2008 at least) that putting in the 3rd party radio may disable the "dings" for open doors and headlights left on and blinker clicks. That stuff is all handled through the radio. There is a $100 accessory that you can buy, which is basically a box that produces the tones, but not sure if it works. I bought a $50 knock-off the last time I bought a new radio and it wasn't even the right connectors. So now I just have to remember to turn off the lights on those bright rainy mornings when I take it off auto. Other than that, you may need to run an extra wire down to the board under the kick panel on the left side of the passenger's footwell to serve as a "turn on" wire. The rest of it should be easy. I believe there is a tutorial on this site somewhere. Good luck.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson