Abs

elbagre08

Reaction score
2000 Chevy Silverado LS abs frequently kicks on but no lights on dash took main abs fuse off and working fine but lights on dash came on any body has this problem thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

uSAABy

Reaction score
2000 Chevy Silverado LS abs frequently kicks on but no lights on dash took main abs fuse off and working fine but lights on dash came on any body has this problem thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Hi,

I have a 2003 SAAB 9-3 Linear. I have this same issue and it has gotten worse.

How did it get worse...?

My abs light was coming on without me turning off my ESP. When this light came on on the cluster the e-brake light came on. this turned out to be the ABS module (the electronic portion). the module was faulting and was not sending the signals needed for the ESP to function properly. It got worse as the temperature in Dallas, Texas reached above 48 back in February. This meant it was temperature related. I tested this theory by cooling the electronic portion. It got so bad that the computer would not allow me to start the car thinking that I would not be able to stop the car because the braking module was not working. very irritating when I had to get to work and would show up hours late because my car refused to start. There is now an electrical issue resulting from moving the wiring harness while changing out the electronic portion of the ABS module.

How did I cool the electronic portion...?

I decided to get a can of compressed air for the keyboards and turn it upside down and shoot out the freon stuff in it to super cool the back and sides of the electronic portion. (THIS STUFF IS FLAMMABLE SO BE CAREFUL HOW YOU USE THIS STUFF!!!) This worked and I was able to start the car when it was hot and the fault was present. I think the board became desoldered when hot and expended just enough to present the fault. Cooling the case, therefore, the board contracted the board and soldering points which, make a good contact and proper signaling. This is a GM vehicle that shares the same motor as the Chevy Cobalt and Saturn ION. I am hoping that this provides you with another option to try while diagnosing your issue.

Where is the break in the wiring harness...?

This is in the harness that sits between the firewall and the shock absorber pillar in the motor compartment. the break is down by the frame in a small space where the wiring harness goes into the cab through the firewall.

Current symptoms of the wiring issue...?

-Alarm freaking out and activating randomly. Driving or opening the drivers door will cause it to activate.

-While in manual mode, transmission randomly shifts up and down while stopped or moving.

Thanks for reading

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson