Another Guage Install Question

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
your problem is that you did it in series so your first guage is getting all the voltage drop while all the other gauges are only getting a millivolt (mV) amount which is def not enough to power them up....so what you need to do is run them in parrallel

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:54 PM ----------

so basically you still need only one fuse....which you already have with the add a fuse link....so now take that one wire coming off the fuse and run it into the cabin......now add 3 wires to that 1 wire you just ran in there...this is now a parrallel circuit and each one will have 12volts going to it....the only downfall is that for every parallel leg that you add to this fuse (circuit)...current increases because resistance decreases....and if your fuse blows at 10amps...you might need a bigger fuse maybe a 15amp and you should be fine

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
your problem is that you did it in series so your first guage is getting all the voltage drop while all the other gauges are only getting a millivolt (mV) amount which is def not enough to power them up....so what you need to do is run them in parrallel

O I C wat U did thar :lol:

mrsilent13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
its all good...any electrical question you can ask me...ive been in the electronics tech field for many years

see my picture
<------
i kept those in the air

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so basically you still need only one fuse....which you already have with the add a fuse link....so now take that one wire coming off the fuse and run it into the cabin......now add 3 wires to that 1 wire you just ran in there...this is now a parrallel circuit and each one will have 12volts going to it....the only downfall is that for every parallel leg that you add to this fuse (circuit)...current increases because resistance decreases....and if your fuse blows at 10amps...you might need a bigger fuse maybe a 15amp and you should be fine

so this is what i currently have

wire into cab (from fuse) __________________________ guage 1
| |
guage 2 guage 3

and it should it look like this??

wire into cab (from fuse) ____________________________D wire cap
| | |
guage 1 guage 2 guage 3

Last edited:

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ok...so how do i get the three wires into one?

i thought thats what i had done with the two quick connects??

dman090

Platinum Member
Reaction score
ok...so how do i get the three wires into one?

i thought thats what i had done with the two quick connects??

strip the ends off the wire revealing the actual inside of the wires and solder/twist and cap them... what ever method you perfer

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
does the ground have to be the same way?

i only ask because i did the 3 into one with the power however, i'm still only getting one guage that works properly....and its still the first guage in the series....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup