Aux input problem

Crazyshazz

Reaction score
hey I have a 2010 chevy cobalt LT and lately my Aux in has been cutting out in one speaker and not the other. When i jiggle the cord it will go back to both then cut out a little while later. I have replaced the cord i use thinking that that was the problem but it is not any better. Then i tried to use head phones on my i phone to see if that was the problem and my Iphone is fine. I have come the the conclusion that it is the aux in port but i don't know how to remove it and check. Any ideas?? THANKS!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit quality of stereo. Take apart the face and try to open it.

I sent this thru the Intranet™

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hey I have a 2010 chevy cobalt LT and lately my Aux in has been cutting out in one speaker and not the other. When i jiggle the cord it will go back to both then cut out a little while later. I have replaced the cord i use thinking that that was the problem but it is not any better. Then i tried to use head phones on my i phone to see if that was the problem and my Iphone is fine. I have come the the conclusion that it is the aux in port but i don't know how to remove it and check. Any ideas?? THANKS!

Hi Crazyshazz,

You may want to review your vehicle's Owner's Manual on pg. 4-64 "Using the Auxiliary Input Jack" and to make sure you're operating correctly. If it continues to malfunction, I suggest contacting the dealership to have the Aux Input checked.

Good luck!

Vanessa
GM Customer Service

emperorjj1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i wouldn't recommend taking the stereo apart but if its not the cord then its the connection in the radio. Its only getting contact with that one side when u jiggle it

Patpatboy2

Reaction score
Any info on this problem? My Cobalt's having issues with the Aux too. Pretty much the same thing.

GMCustomerService

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Patpatboy2,

Sorry to hear you're still having issues with your auxiliary input. Have you contacted your local GM dealership about the problem yet? If you would like for me to research your VIN, I could see if there are any open recalls or special coverages that may be related to what you're experiencing.

Look forward to your reply.

Vanessa
GM Customer Service

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais