Bad Dealership.....BAD!!!!

Aredtear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Southgate Pontiac Buick GMC Hummer, Is the Dealership

I gotta call Vibrant or e-mail them and ask them if all their parts and exhaust's and everything come with instructions because then the mechanic lied and just didn't use the instructions (but theirs no way I can prove this because they threw out the fuckin box and shit). Now the thing that gets me is that if I took it to an exhaust shop they could alter it no problem and make it fit and then I got no problem right? So then their telling me that a dealership could not do anything like that (yet they have all the same tools if not more to do the job). But my biggest Argument is the fact that they never said anything to me or my girlfriend (who waited the 2 and half hours for the car) about the exhaust not fitting properly or anything like that. As far as i knew it fit fine and my car was done (my girlfriend called me and made me all jealous because I could hear her shifting and stuff) So I get home and find my bumper melted, take pictures of it and you can clearly see that it sits behind the bumper right? So obviously someone just wanted to make some quick dollars and just put everything together (not properly) and not give my car the attention it deserves (just like everyones car that goes through a dealership)

outtamymind

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats bullshit dude. you shouldn't have to do anything. and this is the first time i've heard of any vibrant exhaust doing this to a cobalt. the tech was just being a lazy **** and didn't adjust it properly.

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Southgate Pontiac Buick GMC Hummer, Is the Dealership

I gotta call Vibrant or e-mail them and ask them if all their parts and exhaust's and everything come with instructions because then the mechanic lied and just didn't use the instructions (but theirs no way I can prove this because they threw out the fuckin box and shit). Now the thing that gets me is that if I took it to an exhaust shop they could alter it no problem and make it fit and then I got no problem right? So then their telling me that a dealership could not do anything like that (yet they have all the same tools if not more to do the job). But my biggest Argument is the fact that they never said anything to me or my girlfriend (who waited the 2 and half hours for the car) about the exhaust not fitting properly or anything like that. As far as i knew it fit fine and my car was done (my girlfriend called me and made me all jealous because I could hear her shifting and stuff) So I get home and find my bumper melted, take pictures of it and you can clearly see that it sits behind the bumper right? So obviously someone just wanted to make some quick dollars and just put everything together (not properly) and not give my car the attention it deserves (just like everyones car that goes through a dealership)

Dealership won't have a pipe bender like an exhaust shop has.

Having looked online at the Vibrant exhaust, it's two pieces. It bolts up to the flange on the cat and then the muffler connects to it. There are 3 hangers welded on for the exhaust to fit. The pic of your car looks like the muffler is about 2" short of the bumper. It would be very hard to install like that 2" short unless something was bent or it was indeed the wrong part. Seriously, a one armed monkey with a lazy eye should be able to quickly install that exhaust.

Let us know what the exhaust shop says about it.

Aredtear

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bah, the exhaust shop fixed it.... the exhaust extends past the bumper now so I'm driving my car. Although I do need to go back and get him to move it over to the drivers side a lil more to fit on the new bumper I'm getting.

As for the bumper, Well I'm gettin a new one that I will have to pay for (but I get it at cost so 469 bucks) and the dealership will be sending it out to get it painted and then put on my car and they will pay for that (it's actually more expensive for the paint and work on it) I've tried to get ahold of Vibrant but no one's gotten back to me (plus the last person I talked to must have been new cause they knew **** all about the part I was talking about) So without Vibrant's help I'm kinda screwed. Why? Because the dealership is saying the exhaust is not made for my car and didn't come with instructions (although i call bullshit on that) so they had no clue alterations had to be done. So that's their loop hole and their's nothing I can really do cause it's not a GM approved part. I talked this over with my Mom's cause she used to deal with shit like this all the time and she's saying I'm getting off easy because the dealership could have said that since it's not a GM part they will not pay for any damages done to my car.

Fuckin loop holes man.

And yes I did talk to the General Manager and I was present when he bitched out all the tech's and Service Advisors and Parts people. (Because as he said it, "This shit does not happen ever again at this dealership......If it don't look right it's probably not")

SO I should be getting it repaired sometime this week

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson