bad tint job

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
well i had my car tinted at styling street customs yesterday and i must say they do shit work not to mention the 6 hr wait for them to do it. it looked ok yesterday but today every window has bubbles in it you can see spots that they missed when they put the film on and a hole in the film.luckily i got the life time warranty so they will redo it until i like it
i will have a link to the pics in a little bit im uploading 18 of them to photobucket right now.hears all of themhttp://s262.photobucket.com/albums/ii96/mikes6084/cobalt/

DSC01245.jpg

DSC01247.jpg

DSC01249.jpg

DSC01251.jpg

DSC01252.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01255.jpg

DSC01260.jpg

DSC01254.jpg

if somebody has some pics of a good tint lob on a cobalt specifically the dot matrix around the quarter window,dot matrix at the top of the rear window,the seam of the film on the back window if they used 2 pieces, and the wires that go to the rear defrosters. so i can show them what a professional should look like

Last edited:

DaveBlank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 hours is a ridiculous amount of time...most of the bubbles or "fish scales" should go away after a few days...holes and seams in the tint are something to complain about...

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
6 hours is a ridiculous amount of time...most of the bubbles or "fish scales" should go away after a few days...holes and seams in the tint are something to complain about...

they said 3 hr when i went there i know that was still longer than it should take but then i was waiting from noon till 6 for them to finish it.i know the small bubbles will go away but i mean there are some big air pockets on the passenger side door

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Those water bubbles go away after a couple days, but cutting corners...literally is unacceptable.

---------- Post added at 02:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:50 PM ----------

they said 3 hr when i went there i know that was still longer than it should take but then i was waiting from noon till 6 for them to finish it.i know the small bubbles will go away but i mean there are some big air pockets on the passenger side door

You can smooth those out yourself if you like, or take it back and tell em to fix it. If you wanna do it yourself use an ID card to work it towards the edges.

ford sucks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i have already sent the owner of the shop the pics and also got his personal cell number. i am taking it back Wednesday and have them fix it.if they wont or cant i will tell them to remove it and refund my money.
anyone in the area of redford,mi don't go to stylin street customs i am warning you

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson