BCM Problems

michelsl

Reaction score
I think the bcm in my car is bad and was wonder if you could just buy a new one and install it or if it was something to dealer had to do?

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, what issues are you experiencing that causes you to believe the BCM is bad?

michelsl

Reaction score
the headlights stay on all the time and now something else is running to battery down because i pulled the fuses for the lights and the battery was dead this morning when i went to leave

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ouch yeah, bcm. you still under warranty? if so it's covered. I am not sure if it's a do it yourself job. I have yet to work with a bcm replacement. so I don't know if you need any special scan tools or procedures. I can take a look at AllData while I'm at the shop tomorrow if I have time.

michelsl

Reaction score
ok thanks. No it a 2007 with 43000 on it. Im going to get the codes off it tomorrow to be sure before I start working on it.

michelsl

Reaction score
Turns out it wasn't the BCM after all it is a bad fuse box. They said it has a built in relay for the head lights that wasn't working right messing other things up.

michelsl

Reaction score
Ok one last thing has come up with the car after i replaced the fuse box the lights work right for a couple hours now the stay on every now and then is it possible the BCM has to relearn something with the new fuse box? That is the only thing I can come up with for them not working right all the time I unplugged the switch when they acted up and that did nothing.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Plea

Latest posts