BlackCobalt707's 06 LS/TC build thread

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
fixed the boost issue.....turns out the internals of my cat were melted so i gutted that. i also got new charge piping from a friend of mine that rob has sold to...so the engine bay looks neater now

i wanted to go to the track today and see if i can hit my 12s, but i need a retune and i guess vince was busy and couldnt tune me yesterday, maybe ill just hit up a dyno wit my boost bumped up to about 22 psi

Last edited:

USMCFieldMP

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If your intercooler piping is popping off... then its user error. I only had a pipe blow off once in the year that set-up was on the car... and that pipe blew of in the first week of it being on the car.

Make sure you are pushing the piping into the Coupler all the way... and that you're tightening the T-Bolt clamps real good after the lip in the piping. If you have any worm clamps... get rid of them. T-Bolt clamps all the way.

Spray the inside of the couplers with Aqua Net Hair Spray or 3M Spray Glue. It'll help to slide the pipes in at first... but when it dries... it'll be real tacky and hold the pipe in.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that was my issue. i had worm clamps. wat i did to help it was i took vice grips and bent the pipes back in 4 corners a little bit so the clamps can grip better. i got some t bolts coming in next week so she will be good

upgradedsupra

Reaction score
that was my issue. i had worm clamps. wat i did to help it was i took vice grips and bent the pipes back in 4 corners a little bit so the clamps can grip better. i got some t bolts coming in next week so she will be good

You don't have any bead on the pipes? You won't have any issue if they were there.

BlackCobalt707

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Matt didn't give you the T-Bolt clamps that I gave him with the piping? :lol:

he did. just when i was out tryin to get some logs for vince my damn i had a coupler pop off and the clamp fell off on the highway somewhere and i been missin one since lol

You don't have any bead on the pipes? You won't have any issue if they were there.

naw, none. well not on the old pipes i had, the new ones i had did. but the cold side of the set up isnt made for my intake set up so i had to play tetris wit it

upgradedsupra

Reaction score
he did. just when i was out tryin to get some logs for vince my damn i had a coupler pop off and the clamp fell off on the highway somewhere and i been missin one since lol

naw, none. well not on the old pipes i had, the new ones i had did. but the cold side of the set up isnt made for my intake set up so i had to play tetris wit it

I see.

What are these cars good for, power wise on stock engines. Do they have a metal head gasket? If the SC version, are they different comp engines than the standard ls?

Curious as my brother was thinking of adding some power to it, so I told him I would check it out.

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais