Car wants to stall over bumps

Lumberjackbrandon

Reaction score
2006 Cobalt ls standard transmission all electrical harnesses and vacvums under hood seem to check out, as well do the fuses and what connections I can mess with from the trunk leading to the battery. Basically the car bog down or want to stall when I'll hit bumps just going down the road one time the car wanted to stall and the Rev counter dropped to 0 while the car was still going. I'm lost any help?

corvairbob

Reaction score
i had an issue a few months ago when my car just stalled and the gages when crazy and the tranny shifted hard. coby told me to go and unplug the body computer and make sure the connections are good clean and to put dielectric grease on them. i did it and have had 0 issues since. now the connections looked good to me but maybe 1 or 2 may have been corroded and caused that problem. so give that a try. that computer is under the console on the passenger side. cover pops off easy. some fuses there as well. but you may just have some corrosion on those connectors. try it and let us know. thanks bp.

Lumberjackbrandon

Reaction score
i had an issue a few months ago when my car just stalled and the gages when crazy and the tranny shifted hard. coby told me to go and unplug the body computer and make sure the connections are good clean and to put dielectric grease on them. i did it and have had 0 issues since. now the connections looked good to me but maybe 1 or 2 may have been corroded and caused that problem. so give that a try. that computer is under the console on the passenger side. cover pops off easy. some fuses there as well. but you may just have some corrosion on those connectors. try it and let us know. thanks bp.

Ended having a some what similar issue one of the prong inside the plug for the MAF sensor was broken but still inside on the clip so when I hit bumps it would go crazy

corvairbob

Reaction score
glad you found it. that must have been a tough one unless if did finally give you a code.

corvairbob

Reaction score
well hoping you found all the fly shit, and the issue is over with.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais