CFCobalt's Show Car Build

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So i've seen a hundred of these and decided to create my own. I know most members here are more geared to performance modification than visual, but i'm building a show car and the flashy is what wins. Sooooo that being said here we go...

I first bought it in February of 07 because i needed a daily driver, while i worked on my s10
attachment.php

so i found this...
attachment.php

As you can see, the first thing i did was tint it and add the rain guards (come on...i lived in Seattle).

Next came the dual exhaust. Single-in/dual out with Raptor resonators. Right after i got the exhaust, my then-gf (now wife) and I were taking a ride and Voodoo by Godsmack came on the Ipod. We just looked at each other and grinned. The tone of the exhaust matched the tone of song and the cobalt earned her name - "Voodoo."
attachment.php

After that was miscellaneous little things like CF mirrors, CF front bow tie and a wing swap for a high-rise. I also added the DC strut bar, progress rear sway and the injen intake. Oh...and the zex wet nitrous kit. Remember, this is supposed to be a daily driver.
attachment.php

At this point in time, much to my dismay I had to sell the s10 and transfer to Charleston, SC. When i got to Charleston, I literally fell into two deals. Powdercoated SS rims and a CF trunk which helped her look a little sexier.

I knew I had to get rid of the 4x4 when my wife pointed at my car and "wheel gap FTMFL.." So I ordered and installed Eibach sportlines. As a closet minitrucker, I'm ashamed to admit it took me that long to lower it.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next I got a crazy idea to "flip" my trunk. It looks great, unfortunately it severely altered the fitment of the trunk.
attachment.php

After the trunk I got the ait r1 cf hood and bought a set of painted stockers.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Next was some interior work. I got a triple guage pod with autometer a/f, nitrous pressure, and voltmeter guages (although i initially started with a trans temp guage). I also installed blue neons, in the floorboards and center console.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Finally it was time to take the exterior to the next level and get rid of the stock bumpers. While i was at it, i added the lambos (yeah yeah yeah i know).
attachment.php

attachment.php

I got bored one week and decided to try my hand at Niteshaded eyelids. They didnt turn out so well..so I got Gen III projectors with 8000K HIDs
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

This past christmas my wife got me a new cf trunk. When i installed it, i decided that wingless was much sexier, so i kept it that way and added stickarz (for at least 110 whp).
attachment.php

So thats where she sits now. I know there are things i've forgotten but my picture folder ended up corrupt and i lost most of the pictures. The future for Voodoo will hold an addition of a supercharger and quite a few other goodies....i'll keep you posted (not that you care)

Cobalt Tom

Platinum Member
Reaction score
nice! cant wait to have you and the car back in wa ;)

---------- Post added at 10:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:56 PM ----------

cool story bro
gah! steve (yelloeye) has been using that nonstop lately!

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so i got bored and decided to work more on my interior....i wanted to make it all black instead of the black/tan that it was....and i wanted to added some unique features....

so here it is stock...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

pulled out the headliner....
attachment.php

removed the tan fabric...and added a lil something
attachment.php

added the black suede fabric..
attachment.php

an idea of what it would look like completed...there were still portions that i needed to go back and reattach...
attachment.php

and finally everything re-installed....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

and before anyone says it...yes i know i need to finish everything...this was just an update...

CFCobalt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
still working on the interior but also plasti-dip'd the trunk keyhole and the hood mesh..

2358-img-1733.jpg

2359-img-1735.jpg

2360-img-1736.jpg

2361-img-1737.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais