Check Engine - Not DRL Relay.. OOPS

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled this relay (see image) thinking it may have been for the DRL (Daytime Running Lights)

When I got in the car, it showed a message "Engine Power Reduced" (or something like that) and then I realized later that my Check Engine Light was on.. anyone know what that relay is for?

also, what is the best way to clear the code?

Thanks!

Attachments

• Relay Pulled.jpg
    Relay Pulled.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 3

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
According to the diagram it's something to do with the powertrain. It should clear itself in the next couple days or you can reset it with a coffee reader or by disconnecting the battery for a bit.
2010-12-05_020540_cobalt_uderhood_fuse_box_2_2.gif

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
oh ok, thanks!

So pulling the battery does work? I did pull my battery cable for about 20 mins but that didn't reset it.. And when I read online more it seemed like a lot of cars don't clear that way. or you have to us the horn while the battery is unplugged to empty the capacitor.

Then others talked about issues with alarms or radios when having battery unplugged for a long period.. just don't want to make things worse...

Thanks!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should have cleared at 20 minutes, 30 is enough to drain the air bag system. Auto parts stores will check codes for you, some will even let you clear them.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie