Cobalt won't start. LS 5 speed. Please help ASAP!!

Brandon

Reaction score
I have a 2007 Chevy cobalt ls 5 speed with 90k miles. My girlfriend just bought it three weeks prior to use as her main car but she wanted to do some stuff to it first so it's been sitting in our storage unit on jack stands for the last week.
I had to take the battery out last week to jumpstart my jeep because i had no jumper cables. Anyways. I put back the battery right after and didn't think anything of it.
Yesterday I was putting in the new headlights and wanted to test them before I bolted them in but we forgot the keys so as she ran back to the house for them in my jeep I hit the hazards. They came on the dash but it never blinked in the headlights or tail lights. So I waited for her to get back to try to start it and it popped up low fuel and power steering and wouldn't start. Not even a click.
I replaced the emc/bcm fuse I believe in the bcm. Fuse #25... And the low fuel/power steering went away. But it STILL won't start. The only thing I'm getting on the dash is a car with a lock but it's only for a few seconds and goes away, everything I read says to it should stay steady or blink constantly while its on.
I have tried unhooking the battery, I have tried the retraining with the, "try to start, leave on for 10 minutes, then turn key off for 10 seconds, try to restart... 3 times." I read through the forums and have tried everything I can find.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If the security light is going out before starting it should be ok. Sounds like your battery is dead.

Brandon

Reaction score
If the security light is going out before starting it should be ok. Sounds like your battery is dead.

Tried jumping for over an hour. The security light is the ONLY one that comes on. Plus I put a jumper in the fuse box and it cranks just fine but never starts. It's like it turns the body on, but nothing mechanical. Has 13.04V at the jumper post, the bcm, and at the battery. It

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson