Confuse??

Mimo21

Reaction score
I ask a mechanic about my confusion..i ask him if i need a sway bar in order to lower my cobalt Lt 2009 and he told me NO cause I have the coilovers..but i really wanna kno from somebody that knows about cobalts...can someone tell me if i need the sway bars or not?

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
no you dont need any aditional sway bars. the car has a front one already. all you need is springs however if you are not satisfied with the handleing you could upgrade the front and add a rear.

Mimo21

Reaction score
No all you need to lower the car are lowering springs.

Ok..im going to buy them now.I got the coilover kit already..I tho i need the sway bar but i just need the springs..good one..thanks so much guys.

sfwg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok..im going to buy them now.I got the coilover kit already..I tho i need the sway bar but i just need the springs..good one..thanks so much guys.

im a lil confused u already have coilovers...r u asking if u need to run a f sway bar? the answer is no ionninja 06ion2(ithink) and i all have either b&g or kw coilovers and dont run f sway bars due to the poorly engineered sway bar mount(it comes loose and can cause endlinks to bind up suspension(i bent 2 of em)

Tuner923

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im a lil confused u already have coilovers...r u asking if u need to run a f sway bar? the answer is no ionninja 06ion2(ithink) and i all have either b&g or kw coilovers and dont run f sway bars due to the poorly engineered sway bar mount(it comes loose and can cause endlinks to bind up suspension(i bent 2 of em)

I'm assuming that with the term "coil overs" he's referring to McPherson struts.

Mimo21

Reaction score
I have he coilover kit from b&g already...im thinking if i need the sway bar and the lowering springs

BankDude

Full Access Member
Reaction score
coilovers include the complete asembly, you DON'T need any springs

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais