Front Door Speaker install

cobalt123

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Disclaimer: I cant take credit for the how-to, if its yours pm me will discuss it there.

Front Door Speaker Install

What you Will Need:

6.5" Speakers (I have Infinity Kappas, I recommend getting an amp to help power new speakers, but you don't have too)

Phillips Screwdriver
Flathead Screwdriver
Wire Cutters
pliers

mounting tape/Self-tapping screws/A drill (Only if you have base sound system)

Write this down, before you go out:

speaker wire colors:
LF Speaker +tan / -gray
RF Speaker +lt. green / - dk. green

1. Start by using a Flathead screw driver and pushing down on this tab to gain access to the screw in the door.

072.jpg

2. Using your Phillips Screwdriver remove Screw.

076.jpg

3. Using the Flathead again, pull tab out from Door-power window module. Remove two screws using Phillips.

http://i980.photobucket.com/albums/ae283/Kane1876/073.jpg

4.Pull up on Power window module, it should pop out, and remove the cables from it, they should all clip out, don't pull on them, use the flat head to remove them.

070.jpg

5. On the side of the door there are two grey clips, Use a flat head to pull them out.

058.jpg

6. You can pull these grey clips apart, they go back in no problem after, just re-insert them.

069.jpg

7. Pull firmly and straight out on the bottom of the door to unhinge the clips holding it in place, Next pull up on the top of the door to pull the door lock out properly. Just pull on the tweeter box to remove it. I placed it, on the box to rest if comfortably, as it will still be hanging by wires. Also helps move it out of the way.

059.jpg

8. Using a Phillips Screwdriver remove the old speaker.

060.jpg

9.Un-clip the old speaker, cut this blue clip off, and strip the speaker. I recommend cutting close to the blue piece. There isn't much wire in the door.

063.jpg

10. Using pliers, twist the speaker wire for easier install.

065.jpg

11. Install and re-screw new speaker. - If you have base system, you will have to create you're own holes for new speakers (What the self-taping screws/mounting tape would be for)

066.jpg

12. The easiest way I found to reinstall the door panel was to lay underneath the door and re-insert the two bottom clips first. Make sure also that the door panel at the top, overlaps the window weather strip.

077.jpg

13. Put back together

14. Enjoy your new sound system :)

Last edited:

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea this is what ive been wantin to do but its too cold..RedDead im in missouri and were in a cold front..its proly gunna be movin your way soon lol.

06CobaltLS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol yea, ive been there like 6 times and the weather is really nice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais