Front sway bar question

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any idea on how much those shocks and springs are together?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

I seen used struts and shock sets go for like 50$ they are not expensive. I have yet to price it out new. No urge to buy new. The yyz springs hold their value most of the time. 150$+

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

TxSilverBalt

Reaction score
I seen used struts and shock sets go for like 50$ they are not expensive. I have yet to price it out new. No urge to buy new. The yyz springs hold their value most of the time. 150$+

Just looked at zzp and they're trying to sell them for $75 a piece....know anywhere else I can find a used set? I'll be sure to check the fs section and post up a wanted ad

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk now Free

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Facebook groups lol. Check out super sport nation on Facebook. A kid named Jesus Cruz has fe5 set for sale.

MP81

Reaction score
It should be 24mm. Some Tc came with 24.5 those are rare!.

It's definitely a 23mm.

Cobalt TC FE5 23mm Swaybar 15782696 25847759

SS/TC has a 23mm, SS/SC has a 24mm. And I've never heard of a "24.5mm" front bar on a Cobalt, that's something that wouldn't make sense for them to do. They went with a 23 because that's what worked with those struts and shocks. Everything was run and dialed in on Nuerburgring, they wouldn't change anything and they didn't...

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
O no. The 24.5m was a machine error. Bigger size. Lucky to get that error

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's definitely a 23mm.

Cobalt TC FE5 23mm Swaybar 15782696 25847759

SS/TC has a 23mm, SS/SC has a 24mm. And I've never heard of a "24.5mm" front bar on a Cobalt, that's something that wouldn't make sense for them to do. They went with a 23 because that's what worked with those struts and shocks. Everything was run and dialed in on Nuerburgring, they wouldn't change anything and they didn't...
Just checked mine yesterday, it's a hair over 24mm while my Powell Hardcore is a hair over 32mm.
O no. The 24.5m was a machine error. Bigger size. Lucky to get that error

Have a reference? I wouldn't say lucky, basically makes the car have more understeer.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My buddy who had an Lnf had close to 24.5. Few mmm off by thousandths. I'm at 24.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Front strut brace in our vehicles does nothing other than look pretty. It's very stiff right there inherently, the bar doesn't really do much if anything.

I have been thinking about this type of thing recently.. I feel a LOT of body roll when i go into turns.. wasn't sure if I could do a Strut Bar to help or is it better to do sway bars?

2010 Sedan
Eibach Lowering Springs
07 SS Shocks and Struts
FE5 ? shorter endlinks

Thanks!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Rear sway bar. Triple XXX from Powell . No more body roll lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics