Funny (new) headlamp problem

vatmnhat

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

So I recently got this upgrade for my 2009 cobalt LT headlamps (Halo Projector Led Headlights from Spyder). I connected the wires like normal, LEDs and Halos to DRL, and plug the blue thing. But here's my situation....

1. When my headlamp lever is at AUTO, during daytime (DRL), only the low beam on the driver's side works, the passenger's one doesn't. At night, the driver's side's one turns off and the passenger's one is then on.

2. When my headlamp lever is at LOW BEAM, only the passenger's side is on.

3. When I put on HIGH BEAM, both high beam lamps are NOT on.

4. When I flash, all lamps are on.

From the above diagnosis, it's obvious that the bulbs all work, but not the circuitry I guess. I'm new to car, so anyone understands what's going on?

Note: it was fine with the original headlamps. I think the blue plugs on the new ones are mis-wired? Also, the LEDs and Halos work just fine, no problem with them.

Thank you,
AV

Last edited:

vatmnhat

Reaction score
Nah, it's just regular bulbs. I will set up HID for low beams though, which's gonna be another story I guess. Unless I can fix the problem by setting up HID...

One thing is that I manually connected the LEDs and Halos to DRL, as in just striped the wires and twisted them together, then taped them up. But the LEDs and Halos work ok. Just another detail..

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Try powering the pins in the blue connectors manually to see where that's going wrong.

vatmnhat

Reaction score
I did check the blue plug and it's ok. Then I just tried checking the fuse box since it's also a common source of problems. Turned out the left low beam fuse was broken. Replacing it fixed the problem haha.

Thank you YelloEye!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais