General Hid Information

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
They say ready, but the only change they listed in the description is shaving a little bit out of the bulb mounting hole to allow the use of an HID bulb. I had to do the same thing with my 1st gens.

My favorite part of that one though is the beam shot. See that dark circle in the lower left? That's one of the problems with going that route.
61A-cISl-wL._SL1500_.jpg

That price doesn't scream quality to me, besides that generation being junk. Check out prices at Www.theretrofitsource.com those are quality HIDs.

Woolbright

Reaction score
Hmmm, maybe I'll buy the gen 4's and keep them halogen till I have enough money to buy some projectors off of there.

And I'm assuming not all the projectors on that website fit the cobalt?

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You should talk to Bass, he's the retrofit guy around here. Might be able to give you a good deal on quality headlamps.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gen 4 lights suck.
Retrofits the way to go.
Retros or stockers.

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

5yha8y6a.jpg

Woolbright

Reaction score
What's the difference between retros and stockers?

Id like to install projectors into the stock housing, but I'm not sure if I can do it in a few days. Also the color of paint, I have the off grey model and I don't know what color would I well with it. I was planning on keeping it chrome, but I'm pretty sure I'd have to paint the original housing if I were to install projectors.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The retros in the picture are for sale. They lil pricey but its because of the d2s projector. They are blacked out but chrome turn signal and chrome projector shroud. Gives that stock look just black out housing.

Woolbright

Reaction score
And how much are you asking for those, out the door?

And I'm assuming they're sealed properly?

Last edited:

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
300$ shipped. The thing is they don't come with anything aside the retros. Here's the breakdown
A relay harness is about 40$ a good quality.
Bulbs about 40$
Ballasts 110 quality is top notch
Retros 350$+ new. Simple h1 though. These are d2S so they lil more pricey.

But if u want. If u can buy em for 350$. And live in the US. I'll ship em to ya with some bulbs I got laying around and a good quality relay harness. The retros are used. They have lil defect like a ear missing. But that does not kill the light output

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais