GMTunersource Stage Info

umrdyldo

Reaction score
Please keep this thread on topic. Talk about updates and ask questions that haven't been asked.

http://www.gmtunersource.com/index.php/blog/news/351-cobalt-lnf-turbo-upgrade-update--july-20th

As of now Stage 1 is 280HP and 320 FTLB at the wheel.

No pricing or date is known.

So without further ado, we have received the first official dyno numbers and we thought you guys would love to have this update. The official numbers for the Cobalt SS LNF Turbo upgrade Stage 1 kit will stand at 280hp and 320lb.-ft of torque. That’s right, this ain’t no weaksauce kit. That’s an increase of over 60lb.-ft of torque! For you math geeks, that equals out to a 23% increase in torque. A quick search of the interwebs was conducted upon receiving these numbers and we couldn’t find one factory or aftermarket company that can deliver those kinds of numbers with JUST a tune. Add to that the full factory backing from GM and if this isn’t a no brainer modification then cover me in honey and send me off to the farm.

After we stopped dancing upon seeing the graph for the first time, we took a more analytical approach to reading it and found out there were some added benefits in this kit as well. Peak power comes earlier, at 5100rpm instead of 5300 and the torque band stays fat almost throughout the entire powerband. This means less turbo-lag and more getting down to business. You wanted more power, well it’s obvious here you are going to have your full share of it – and this is only Stage 1. The factory learn-down is also removed with this kit so everyone with exhaust, etc will be seeing some added gains. We compared this upgrade to the LSJ kit and there seems to be some major advantages already with this upgrade over the LSJ ki

Last edited by a moderator:

umrdyldo

Reaction score
cool, if they would stop delaying it

Well I'm still a little worried about whether those numbers at crank or wheel HP but I guess only time will tell.

If that's at the wheel then a Stage 1/2 Cobalt SS/TC should be in the 12s

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais