goo gone

CBodnar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hmmmm... I guess in a pinch you could use gas but it would never be my go to product... lol

idk my car is over 3 years old and i drive it every day and a bunch of highway miles and it looks pretty flawless and i know i've used gas before on the hood and other parts of the car to get tree sap off and other weird crap. it never hurt anything but then again i'm usually always washing my car

Rob @ GGD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
idk my car is over 3 years old and i drive it every day and a bunch of highway miles and it looks pretty flawless and i know i've used gas before on the hood and other parts of the car to get tree sap off and other weird crap. it never hurt anything but then again i'm usually always washing my car

Have you ever seen those cars with the funky discolored streaks down the side of the qtr panel just below the gas cap?

It is there for a reason, gas.

It is not the ideal solution for cleaning your car. Perhaps if you washed it right after or you keep a very thick coat of wax/sealant then I can see it not diminishing the clear coat as quickly but eventually it will happen if you don't take care of it. I am happy you are always washing your car.

YouDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
3m adhesive remover, pick it up at the local auto body shop or specialty store, dont think autozone has it. Not the spray shit either the stuff that comes in the pourable red metal container i think its like a quart. works awesome.

My08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried Goo Gone when I debadged my car. It worked but not as well as everyone who raved about it had said. Took a lot of elbow grease and cleaning to remove the streaks it left behind. I attribute most of the success to using my fingernail on the adhesive residue. As mentioned previously, 3M adhesive remover works great. Have used it on other projects and it worked well.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais