Harmonic/Crankshaft balancer bolt... New bolt or re-use old bolt?

Christian Zelenuk

Reaction score
It's a pretty straight forward question but, I recently replaced my timing chain and all that jazz. Well I'm at a bit of a stand still, I've read that the bolt for this pulley is torque-to-yield which means I need to replace it.

Well I can't find a replacement anywhere, I found the Dorman 917-139 bolt but it says it doesn't fit my engine. Where the hell do you find a bolt for a 2.2 ecotec engine??? Would it be safe to re-use the old one with threadlocker?

Oldnitrousbanana

Reaction score
It's a pretty straight forward question but, I recently replaced my timing chain and all that jazz. Well I'm at a bit of a stand still, I've read that the bolt for this pulley is torque-to-yield which means I need to replace it.

Well I can't find a replacement anywhere, I found the Dorman 917-139 bolt but it says it doesn't fit my engine. Where the hell do you find a bolt for a 2.2 ecotec engine??? Would it be safe to re-use the old one with threadlocker?

You need to go to a licensed chevy dealer bolt is less than 10$ the damage trying to reuse it can cause is thousands

uSAABy

Reaction score

How much did it cost you?
Did you do the work your self?
Did the motor have to come out?

Christian Zelenuk

Reaction score
How much did it cost you?
Did you do the work your self?
Did the motor have to come out?

Cost me about $300 total in the parts needed because I pulled the head to check the valves ( I thought my timing had skipped but it was loose chains/bad tensioners ) and I replaced all the gaskets, timing and balance chain/sprockets.

I did the work myself, motor didn't have to come out but it would've been a hell of a lot easier if I could've pulled it.

I finally found a bolt online that fits, so I'll be installing it later today.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais