HELP! Just bought 09 Cobalt SS and need help

racemaster33

Reaction score
Hello everybody. I just bought a 2009 Cobalt SS with 84K on it and need help with an issue.
The car has NO boost! I've had lawnmowers with more power. I bought the car with a check engine light on and it had two codes. First was P0101 and also P2178.
I put the scanner on it and it was giving me wackey MAF readings so I put a new MAF in it (OEM GM one) and cleared the codes. On the first test drive it popped up P0101 again within two blocks. Still no boost. I haven't put the scanner back on it to look at numbers yet but I feel like there's an issue with manifold pressure or something. Maybe the MAP is bad telling it there's too much manifold pressure and not allowing it to boost?? A crack in the relief side of the turbo letting it vent??? I ran across TSB PIP4520 talking about a cracked nipple to the wastegate? Has anybody dealt with this? Has anybody had these two codes before? If so, what did you discover?
This car is totally stock, no aftermarket intake, AIT, air filter or anything. Bone stock!
As I learn this car I'd like to be able to lean on the wisdom and experience of others that are already going down this road. Once I get this issue ironed out I can see upgrades in the near future.
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Check your system for a boost leak, specifically your intercooler end tanks. One of them is probably cracked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jmaurais