How To 2.2 Airbox Mod

Posezion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, tried accomplishing this for like 1 hour today and was VERY unsuccessful :). It's like an extremely strong plastic rivit or something, can't even reach it. Was I supposed to take the air box off first? because that thing is so hard to take out. :S Also, if I do end up successfully taking it out, I could just put it back in if I wanted to right? Because there's a bolt at the bottom of the silencing tube and the tube sticks up in the bottom of the box, so it would hold itself up..?

Jmesl8er

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, tried accomplishing this for like 1 hour today and was VERY unsuccessful :). It's like an extremely strong plastic rivit or something, can't even reach it. Was I supposed to take the air box off first? because that thing is so hard to take out. :S Also, if I do end up successfully taking it out, I could just put it back in if I wanted to right? Because there's a bolt at the bottom of the silencing tube and the tube sticks up in the bottom of the box, so it would hold itself up..?

Just pull up on it, it not a rivot. Its a rubber gromet around a metal plug

Posezion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, I have a collection of cuts from "pulling up on it". I began to bend the plastic as I was doing it so I shoved my arm down beneath the tube and squeezed my hand to the area of the connection and wrapped my hand around it and pulled as hard as I could. I can tell I got it out quite some bit, but I just gave up after a good while. Even tried a LONG screw driver + hammer to the connection, only moved it a hair. Then I double-thought and just put the bottom bolt back in b/c I don't wanna permanently remove it, altho I'm sure I can put it back in whenever.

Posezion

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found it was much easier to take it out through the fender lining.

That would make plenty of sense... I'll try that tomorrow morning, when I get my garage back and it's not raining >:O

I'm also planning to make a before/after noise video for all those folks who wanna hear the difference. I got stock exhaust so I guess it's a good idea of the change...

Intmd83r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
did you do this yet ???? did know if i wanna do it ... wanna see what our video sounds like

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson