How to: dual pass endplate

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How to do the dual pass endplate:

why? lower IAT2's(air intake tempature after the supercharger)
who should do this? every single LSJ no matter what mods u have, this will be one of the best mods u can do
how hard is it?: 4/10
what tools do i need: a basic rachet set will have all the tools u need
what parts do i need: a fitting to tap into your manifold, some quicksteel, about 10ft of 3/4" hose, a handful of 3/4" worm clamps, a power drill w/a 3/4" drill bit
External link to a how to:
http://northernstardesigns.com/articles/optionb/CoolingModsInstall.pdf

-remove the blower
1250550958.jpg

-remove the intake manifold
1236979175.jpg

-remove the endplate from the intake manifold
1237256230.jpg

-drill a 3/4" hole on the center bump, as close to the front of bump as you can get it to avoid it hitting the oil filter housing, than tap in your new fitting
p1010090yv8.jpg

*be sure to make sure the fitting is on tight, and that on the inside its not hitting the wall and blcoking itself out, than use qucksteel around the fitting to help seal...
-move the laminnova cores from this:
1237256319.jpg

to this:
untitled_55665.jpg

-put everything back together and run your houses in the following way:
plumbing.jpg

IF your our flow thru tank :
tank-1.jpg

**the tank is your fill point**
IF your running the stock filler neck:
dualpass-1.jpg

good place to get the fitting from is:
http://www.frozenboost.com/product_...=1015&osCsid=b4aca155b89f4eb25348cd3413f25b84

i have ordered a few things from them, and they always ship everything very fast...

**also if you do not want to drill and tap your endplate, you can always send us your endplate and we'll weld a 3/4" tube on there in the right spot to help you out...we do not have cores though...if your interested in doing this send me a PM, i can guarantee u wont be paying anywhere near 100 to have this done like u would with "other" vendors...honestly, its just a tube/fitting and one weld :)

Last edited:

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
edited pics of hose routing...i failed when i made the one for our tank, it would work the way i had ti before, but would hold hot water in the tank, then ew way holds cooled water in the tank, and woul ddef help for dumping in ice

DragonsFire24SS

Reaction score
one of these days I'll do it. Before I race tyrone to see who is the fastest 2.4 in San Antonio.

Jn2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
one of these days I'll do it. Before I race tyrone to see who is the fastest 2.4 in San Antonio.

once u guys figure that out, ill go down there and beat you both :p lol its not a hard mod to do, took me a about 2hrs to do it, spent more time taking stuff and putting it on than i did actually doing the mod

stenguyen1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
the fittin can be bought at home depot for cheaper price. and your dual pass diagram is wrong.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson