HU has no power....

xMike87x

Reaction score
Hey guys, trying to help my dad out with a stereo issue. For starters this is on a 2008 lt with the base stereo. The factory radio crapped out and they replaced it with a pioneer HU a couple years back (installed by the local Best Buy) using the Scosche wiring harness. Just the other day the HU stopped turning on. My 1st thought was check all the fuses in both boxes. All good. Then we pulled the HU and checked all connections and the fuse on the back. All good.

Next I got out an older pioneer HU that I had from a previous vehicle (which was in perfect working order when last used), wired it up and no power to it either.

Also there is no door chime or blinker noise which I assume is related since I have gathered these sounds come from the FL door speaker in this car.

I've been searching these forums with no luck at all. If someone could get me pointed the the right direction it would be greatly appreciated.

I'd also like to add that while I'm no expert I have done my fair share of car audio work between my own vehicles, friends and relatives. I'm not just tearing into things blindly I do understand the basics of an install.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
The Scosche adapter doesn't keep the chimes, you need a different one for it to work.

Does the head unit power up if you connect the ACC, power, and ground?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buttonsup