I did use search!!

Faarmblood

Reaction score
I did search but couldn't find the answer about an 05;

I cannot find anything on (the car engine or online) that shows a secondary air pump on my 2005 2.2 LS cobalt.

It was giving the eng pwr reduced/disabled message but I could still drive it. Left it sitting for a little over a month during the cold snap and now as soon as it starts, I get the messages and it quits.....thats when it doesn't give it during cranking and doesn't start at all.

I've replaced; MAP, MAF, and crank sensors. Throttle body checked out as good.

I've ran the wires and found no shorts.

Monday I'm replacing the ignition control module, coil packs and plugs. After that I'm lose. My code reader went ten toes up so I can't help on that front till the new one is in, but I was wondering since these cars have been out and seem to be the one vehicle that everyone has had to work on a LOT, does anyone know any GOOD AND RELIABLE bypasses or fixes for some of the common problems on these little cars?

Faarmblood

Reaction score
alright it's taken awhile but between the fuel pump, MAP, MAF, and crank sensor something fixed it.....that covered every code it was throwing.

One more question and please someone shoot me straight; the car has 200+k on it an I have no desire to put a new cat on it.....but it's getting hot. Hot hot. I want to use the plug fouler trick on it and just knock the guts out of it. CEL isn't a big deal to me. It's a runaround car for my kiddo. Question is do I do this on both sensors and since this is an 05, will the temperamental b%&ch quit running or go into limp mode?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson