I'm new to this

xMotivee

Reaction score
So since my dad told me that he would not buy a truck for me so I guess he will not let me leave the Cobalt anytime soon, so I decided that I would change up the stock look for a more and improved ride. I was wanting a truck for more options because it's the more common choice in automobile accessories. I have a few ideas and I'd like to receive help.

I'd like to replace the Dome light with a blue LED, since there is no floor lights in my car.

Since the car is blue, I'd like to replace the dash guages with blue lights if possible, if it isn't too hard and expensive.

This one I know is not related to the electrical components but I was wondering if I changed the rims from 15's to 17's and used a lower profile tire if I would have to worry about rubbing. I would like to make the car have the illusion that it is lower than it actually is.

2007 Chevy Cobalt LS Blue 2-Door

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You'll hate having a blue LED interior dome light at night. You can get one if you want but I'd recommend against it.

Gauge lights are a soldering project, not terrible to do but difficult and it requires taking apart the entire cluster.

So long as the overall offset and tire height remain the same you should be fine on rubbing.

xMotivee

Reaction score
You'll hate having a blue LED interior dome light at night. You can get one if you want but I'd recommend against it.

Gauge lights are a soldering project, not terrible to do but difficult and it requires taking apart the entire cluster.

So long as the overall offset and tire height remain the same you should be fine on rubbing.

Is it that bad with the blue dome light? Sounds like I am not going to do the soldering either lol, and the tires I appreciate the help.

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Ya know those little LED keychain lights that come in colors? It's like that but brighter.

Jaws4God

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So these aren't just bulbs you can swap out?

Yeah i just installed 215 / 45 / 17's on mine.. no rubbing. (lowered with Eibach sportlines) My only issue is that I get a grinding when I turn hard right and accelerate.. still not sure what can fix that.. :boxed:

I do wish mine was lower.. I can't afford coilovers.. and I can't cut our style of springs.. recently been thinking about the heating method.. but have no clue how or if that is even smart...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie