Jumper from a relay to ground?

djyeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just bought a 2006 Cobalt ss. Going through the car now and finding some issues that need to be addressed. I have found a jumper wire from the crank/run relay that's grounded to the engine. Anyone know why someone would do this? uploadfromtaptalk1444167270657.jpg

djyeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hot topic i see haha. Anyways I pulled the wire out from under the relay and the car won't crank or even click when I try to start it. Been driving the car without any issues so I guess I will just leave it there for now. Obviously has some grounding issues. My dome lights in the mirror are always on as well. Very dim but on. They are led bulbs. Put a meter on the socket and when the lights turn "off" there is still 7.6v in the socket. I will slowly tinker and hopefully figure out these problems

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes posts get lost lol.

Looks like the ground post for that relay is bad, so they fixed it the wrong way by adding a wire there. You can fix it by taking apart the fuse box and tracing where that wire goes. It's either disconnected or broken somewhere in the middle.

Your LED mirror bulbs are functioning normally. The car never fully shuts off that light, incandescent bulbs take more voltage to light up.

djyeti

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Right on. Thanks for the info. Just gotta find the time to dig into the fuse box and sort it out! Appreciate it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson