Looking for intentional shutdown

sykander

Reaction score
Hi !! I have a 2006 Pontiac Pursuit, i found a lot of answers of the car shut downs randomly, well i'm looking for the way to stops the engine immediately, i don't know why, but the car doesnt stops never, i'm trying to install a security device that shut downs the car in the case of steal with violence and get down of your car (gun in hand) it kills the car after 90 secs, but i've tried any possible ways and just dont stop and keeps running, tried cutting ignition cable for ignition switch, cutting IGN fuse, stopping run/cranck relay, even powertrain relay, it just keeps running !!!! I've never tried so much without successfull to kill a running engine, but i'm desperate, i cant stop it while running, tried and cutted a lot of cables (after that i have to restore them or join them again) and nothing seems to work, i cant get the car stopped, even tried cutting the ground for the fuel pump relay and nothing, car still running. Could you please help me ?? I have 2 options: one is a continuos circuit that i can stop because the security device open a relay and lost continuity or the other is a ground for a relay that can be interrupted, do you know what fuse or relay or cable do i need to interrupt to stop the car immediately ??? Thanks a lot for your help, i have 2 weeks trying and nothing....car doesnt stops or kill engine :emotions122::emotions122:

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I think this to be a silly idea, but I'll help out anyway.

Cut the fuel pump relay power (+) side of the circuit, it won't die immediately but it will die. How long it takes depends on how much fuel the motor is using, more pedal means a shorter time running.

This would be safer for you anyway, if the car dies as soon as you are forced from the vehicle the criminal will suspect it to be something you did to the car and you will likely have a gun in your face again to fix the vehicle.

sykander

Reaction score
The security device open the circuit or remove the ground for a relay after 120 secs without notice, so you can run to opposite direction, enough time to keep safe and they just leave the car when it stops because they cant start it again, it realy kills the engine, even the starter, i install these devices to every family car because insecurity is hard level here, also thieves are so aggresive so is more easy to let them steal the car as you know it will be abandoned a few miles and can go for it, that security device is ground-shorted with the fingers, it's sensitive and you just need to grounding a bolt or something to deactivate it, Are there some fuse or cable that can be interrupted and kill engine at the moment of the device operates ?? Tried everything and really this car cant die !!!

YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
You could try removing main power to the ecu, not sure what one that is though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson