Most Reliable Under $2000

Revenant_SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd be looking at the Integra as well.

Stay away from the Fords and Mazdas.

BTW, I've been a service writer for over a decade. I see every car that comes into our shop. What I recommend to you is what I would do if it were me looking for the car.

And like Blacksmoke said, get someone to check it out first. Best $50 you'll ever spend.

1WhiteSSTC

Banned
Reaction score
I'd be looking at the Integra as well.

Stay away from the Fords and Mazdas.

BTW, I've been a service writer for over a decade. I see every car that comes into our shop. What I recommend to you is what I would do if it were me looking for the car.

And like Blacksmoke said, get someone to check it out first. Best $50 you'll ever spend.

if it's just a $500 beater then I'm not worried about a full service inspection, I hope to find one that has had a recent inspection, that way I know what I'm getting, but that would be for something $2000, I know I saw a few that did.

I will take heed to your warning and take Ford/Mazda off my life. I will also consider the Integra's. I have heard nothing but good about honda's and toyota's, i myself had a toyota b4 and beat it to hell and it never pushed back, always ran SOLID. I lean towards a toyota but wouldn't mind the CRX Si's that are out there, it's still a honda and they run for a long time when maintained and even when maintenance is abused. And I mean hell I got a cat named Honda lol may as well own 2 honda's lol

Paul79UF

Reaction score
I know they aren't very exciting, but I would just get a Corolla or Civic.

The parts are cheap, they are easy to fix and extremely reliable.

I bought a 1994 Toyota Carina ED (4 door Celica) when out of the country for a few months for about $2,000 US. It had over 200,000 miles and ran great. I beat it up for 7,000 kms with not a single problem.

Then sold the car for a few hundred less when we went back home. I was amazed that all the power windows and everything else still worked perfectly.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson