My Hub Conversion.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The brakes do not need to be converted, but i chose to go that route because, well, better brakes can never be overlooked.

SPECIAL THANKS TO JOHN AT POWELL MOTORSPORTS, AND BRAD(MAVEN) FOR HIS AWESOME GENUINE GM PARTS. NOT TO MENTION BOTH FOR THEIR OUTSTANDING SUPPORT OF MY RELATIVE IGNORANCE :lol:

SCOPE:
Ok, i got sick and tired of the cruddy selection of attractive wheels for our factory 5x110. Actually, i didn't find ANY that I liked, so i decided to swap to 5x114.3, which is one of the most common 5 lug hub patterns. I remembered hearing someplace that the Grand Am Time Attack Cobalts were all running a 5x114.3 Grand Am hub conversion. I got into contact with the Powell Motorsports crew that was responsible for building the Time Attack cars for GMPerformanceDivision back in 05. We discussed the multiple angles with which we could approach this situation, and ended up settling on Grand Am hubs. These hubs, along with an LNF Brembo front brake conversion, and LNF knuckles and axles (which are considerably stronger that the production LSJ versions) make up the front hub conversion. The rear consists of a modified rear TWB, with an adjustable chromoly sway bar, transplanted from the Time Attack car, and revised end plates for the rear hubs.

Also included in this build are the OTTPerfomance CnC'd "Rotato Potato" mounts as i like to call them and OTTPerformance steering rack shims.

Also, there will be stainless steel braided brake lines all around (Also from OTT)

PARTS LIST:
Time attack Twisting Beam
Rear Caliper plate
front wheel bearings 5x114.3
rear wheel bearings 5x114.3
Rear caliper set used with pads and handbrake mechanism
Rotated Motor mounts

Shipped as a complete axle with bearings, brake hoses, calipers, pads, bolt in.

Front Knuckles TC
Front Axles TC
Brembo calipers 4 piston
Brembo rotors Solid, new
Steering Rack Spacers
SS/SC Rear Calipers Remanufactured

:mario:

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
About 4g's after shipping.

Wheels sold separately :lol:

Tom

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats half the blue book of my car LOL

thank god the 4 bolt has a good selection :lol:

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
4x100 and 5x114.3 are the most common 4 and 5 lug patterns out there. Nearly every car uses one of those two.

ls1fbody

Full Access Member
Reaction score
sure it would be. But it puts a lot of stress on the wheel bearings, and requires you to run a 50+ offset. good luck finding wheels haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kpcasperson