YelloEye

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fixed that image for you.

I'm jealous, you own a repair shop?

colson1230

Reaction score
I am not the owner but might as well be. The owner died last year and i have been running it for almost a year now.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So pretty much your the owner. Need a mechanic? Lol. I am in the same dang field . But diesel. How hard is it to run a shop? I been wanting to start 1. Do repairs on cars and of course the tuner section on the other side of the wall.

colson1230

Reaction score
Couldn't make it into work today due to the roads being closed because of all the snow. Figured i would play around on here a bit today....

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol. We just got snow like 2 days ago. 6-8 inches. Its raining today. 40° . Almost everything has melted

colson1230

Reaction score
Actually we are in need of a technician. There are only two of us there and we have way more work than two guys can keep up with. We are also a body shop but those guys are in another building on the same property as us. We don't get into tuning cars so much. Just general automotive repairs.

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol I'm in NJ. Being a tech is fun and all but its dragsville. I don't see myself in this much longer. That's why I want a shop lol

colson1230

Reaction score
I love it! I have worked many many other types of jobs and even went to school to be a systems analyst but figured out i don't like computers so much...lol. Running a shop is not that hard but it's not that easy either. This is my first run at it and they hired me to help my co worker learn the ropes. He is a truck mechanic and also the owners brother but he didn't know automotive drivability very well and since i have been there i have taken over his job. It's all new to me as far as dealing with customers, part reps, oil reps and tire reps...I have done a decent job thus far! Sales are up!

Bass_Waves

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I rather use my brains and somebody else's knuckles. I've done just about anything and everyhring on these trucks. Its in my blood rather. But I want a shop. I want to push forward for my kid and family. Can't always twist wrenches.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LokiPMustDie